Across Northern Argentina


Advertisement
Published: June 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our main aim of this journey
Not quite sure how to describe our travels across Agrentina. It is a huge country, providing extremly comfortable tourist buses to place to place. We stuck to the north, gradually travelling from Mendoza to Iguazu Falls, down to Buenos Aires. Unfortunately we didn't had enough time to discover the south, dramatic cold scenery.

So what did we do in Argentina
Mendoza was the first town we stayed in, in Argentina. Travelling through the snow capped Andes Mountains from Chile was an exciting journey. The boarder crossing was a little time consuming as well as a little cold. But arriving in Mendoza we quickly settled in, we had booked ourselves onto a Wine tour which was great fun! I now have a strong liking for Malbec Wine, so tasty!

Our main destination was Puerto Iguazu, to see the falls, so stopped of at the following places, Mendoza, San Luis, Cordoba and Parana. (The buses / coaches must be the best in the world for comfort. Large padded reclining seats, and drink and meals given by waitress service, very relaxing way to travel.) All lovely towns but really we were feeling a little disappointed as
Malbec Wine 1977Malbec Wine 1977Malbec Wine 1977

US $1000 a bottle, in the vineyard US$50. I was tempted!
it simply reminded us of Spain. Everything was so Spanish and westernised. Our problem is that we’d already enjoyed the cultural contrasts of Asia and this was all too similar to our lives back at home. Our long journey to Iguazu was well worth it though.

Arriving in Buenos Aires, we booked ourselves into a mini apartment for a week. We loved staying here as it gave us time to stop, wash, relax and plan our last week and a half before flight to Peru. We did the sights of Buenos Aires and enjoyed the Tango shows in Boca, visited various different areas admiring the architecture and elaborate buildings. However during our town ambling, it was rather noticeable the aroma of dog poo! It was everywhere, and the smell lingered about.

The weather had turned a little cold so I bought a cashmere, wool mix jumper to keep me warm (which now is terribly out of shape). This weather wasn’t quite what we were used to and so to brighten ourselves up, we booked a package holiday to Rio de Janeiro for a week in the sun!!!

We enjoyed our trip though Argentina and will especially remember the gorgeous steak sandwiches, the delicious red wines, Iguazu Falls (separate blog), comfy coaches and the classic cars.




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Hotel in Cordoba.Hotel in Cordoba.
Hotel in Cordoba.

We were sure it was empty!
Presidential Place, Buenos AiresPresidential Place, Buenos Aires
Presidential Place, Buenos Aires

Recognise it from Evita?
Buenos Aires, dogs walkers.Buenos Aires, dogs walkers.
Buenos Aires, dogs walkers.

Watch out for messy pavements! Oh and the smell.
Tango in the streets.Tango in the streets.
Tango in the streets.

Boca area, Buenos Aires


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb