Vistors from EEUU


Advertisement
Published: June 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Meet MC and Joe, the friendly pair from Wyoming! The flight attendant, MC, and buddy pass holder, Joe, stopped by Buenos Aires for a short 4 day visit. It was a treat to have part of the Wyoming family in town and we spent a good deal of time partying in the true Argentine fashion. The first attempt to party until the sun came up, was a backfire because of an early start with dinner at 7pm. In our midnight wanderings we did find a couple of pizza joints and a pub that served micro brewed beer! Of course, I can't remember the name or the location, but I do remember the flavorful beer, french fires and the fact that they played the Thriller video on big screen from start to finish. MC, the wine drinker sampled from several different bottles of wine and went home with beautiful, purple stained teeth. Dain and I survived the following work-day by chugging as much water as possible as soon as we woke up.

By chance, I bumped into MC and Joe the following day on the Florida Street pedestrian mall. I showed them some of the leather factories and souvenir shops. After,
Meet MCMeet MCMeet MC

Continental Airlines employee of the year!
they experienced the slowest waitress in the city while trying out a snack at the trendy part of the city, Puerto Madero. "They are in no rush here," Joe observed. I finished with my last class of the day at 7:00 and met again with the well-rested Joe and MC for a sushi dinner in Las Cañitas, a trendy area full of pubs, clubs and shops.

This time with a proper dinner time, 10pm, MC and I managed to enjoy the night until about 4 am while Joe and Dain did a hell of a job and made it home about the same time the sun came up. Sake bombs, beers, wine, capriñas and, yea, some water the night flew on by. The most annoying part of the night was a drink at the most North Americanized bar since I've been here. Plenty of annoying attributes including political debates about the election, stumbling drunks and a beer pong table. An idea they stole from the master himself, Joe. The time flew by and before I was ready it was time to head to class.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Meet JoeMeet Joe
Meet Joe

Calverymen management at its best!
Cap. Bldg.Cap. Bldg.
Cap. Bldg.

Those are rat birds flying around. (Pidgens)
Very coolVery cool
Very cool

I like the cement vines all over the building and forming a man's face at the top.
Carlo!Carlo!
Carlo!

Meet our Puertero (doorman) and Reina (the dog) who hangs on the sidewalk all day and rolls on her back for anyone who stops to rub her belly. Our apartment doesn't have fancy people walking through walls.


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb