Bass Strait adventure begins


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific » Tasman Sea
February 26th 2018
Published: February 26th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Fabulous bookFabulous bookFabulous book

Highly recommend this book, thank you Anna & Court for this gift both John & I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this
well after sitting waiting for 3 days now for the weather to change it looks like tomorrow we will venture through the heads to Refuge Cove. The last 3 days have been long, windy and at times boring. We have 6 boats in our group, one yacht left Friday night from Westernport to beat the weather, they've been at Refuge Cove since Saturday waiting for us all to arrive. The other sports cruiser will leave from Port Albert on Thursday and we'll meet them "on the way, somewhere to Deal Island". The catamaran is berthed in Queenscliff marina whilst the other two yachts arrive here at QCYC on Friday. Certainly the few days we've had with them has been terrific, getting to know them and lots of laughs. Should be a good cruise. The plans are to leave 5am tomorrom, the yachts need slack water at the heads and we need extra time to get to Port Welshpool for fuel then back to Refuge before the next front comes in on Wednesday- so we all intend to sit another day at Refuge for the front to pass then Thursday off to Deal. Well that's the plan anyway.

There are also 13 other yachts here at QCYC from Brighton, they too will leave tomorrow for Refuge cove then onto Deal. It's going to be very competitive for anchorage at Refuge I think ??. Today everyone has been busy doing last minute preps of the boats, topping up water, polishing, washing, stowing of provisions etc. as we will have no more supplies until Flinders Island. It really is a beautiful day today, first sun we've seen for a few days and the wind is slowly subsiding - thank goodnes. We just want 5am to come around now.

If anyone wants a good book to read try The Seventh Circle - Rob Langdon, ex Australian Army, contractor in Afganistan but spent 7 years in jail there. A fascinating story, amazing ability of survival and provides insight into the wide spread corruption throughout Afganistan. I've also been completing a 10 day Pilates challenge - each night I spend 15 minutes doing my Pilates on the back of the boat, I think some think I'm a little odd and even had the Swan Island kangaroos watching me one night!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb