Day 1 - QCYC


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific » Tasman Sea
February 21st 2018
Published: February 22nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at SYC about 11.30, the wind was still blowing a bit so after we had organised the last few things on the boat we decided to have a coffee. Finally we were off, a rather uneventful trip to QCYC except for two interesting situations. Firstly we crossed the bow of Sea Shepard, an imposing ship with all its gear & the skull & crossbow. She was travelling at only about 2knots it was difficult to tell for awhile if the ship was moving. When we'd past we noticed a large amount of smoke coming from the funnel - not normal & the speed or lack thereof go us wondering was everything ok. It got too much for John he radioed them to see if all was ok ...... The reply came back, "All good, thanks for the interest". We laughed so much, clearly things weren't all good but probably tired of flipping public radioing to ask! Then as we approached Queenscliff, Marine Radio made an announcement of "man overboard"!!!! The message continued with the following ..... Man overboard in the Port Phillip Bay area, on the 18th February....... All were being ask to look out for such man overboard (or body I suppose) and provide information to Police. Obviously the person overboard was now safely home oblivious to the whole situation. Clearly someone had called it in but forgotten to cancel. Let us know if you hear anything different in regards to Sea Shepard & Man overboard. Arrived QCYC about 3pm, waters calm and only one other boat here, the others will start arriving either tomor row or Friday. It's o'clock time now.......

Great night sleep other than the possum who decided to make our front deck home for awhile overnight. A very relaxing day not doing much at all. Of course we can't be at QCYC without going across to Queenscliff for a coffee, buy some green tomato pickle and a visit to the Brewhouse (previously the Esplanade Hotel). The new owners really are doing a great job, very contemporary, great range of craft beers on tap and available in the bottle shop. When we returned John decided it was time for me to have another tender driving lesson - a bit better this time but still can't come along side properly. Tomorrow members of our Tassie trip will arrive, it's going to be interesting as the weather is not looking great over the weekend- may be a delayed start! It is so quiet & relaxing here at the moment, just one other yacht here tonight, wonder if the kangaroos will appear again.tonight.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0739s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb