Cruising the Atlantic Ocean


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
January 17th 2016
Published: January 22nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Sunday January 17th, 2016. Cruising the Atlantic Ocean



No breakfast again today. M went to make a butterfly greetings card with Barbara Ashmore. At 11 am we went to Clive's lecture "Brazil - Sunny Smiles and Dark Secrets" which was excellent again. M walked 3 and a half miles on the treadmill before lunch. After lunch we went to Sue Walsh's lecture on hummingbirds. We hope to see a few of these amazing little birds on this trip.





We didn't go to the restaurant for dinner as there was a deck party this evening to celebrate our arrival in South America. It started at 9.15 which would be right in the middle of our dinner and we knew we wouldn't get a seat if we went down to the restaurant. We settled for a bowl of soup from the Bistro. In fact it started at 8.45 with Ross getting us all in the mood with a few dance moves. After this we had a few songs from the trio followed by a 60's verses 70's sing/dance along where the deck was split into two halves. D defected at this point as we ended up in the 70's half. He moved to the other side while M, Pam and Stewart stayed put. Even the Captain got involved! He was on the 60's team and ended up dancing solo on the stage to get them an extra few points. It was a bit of fun but the 70's ended up winning. After this the party continued with each of the show team singers taking it in turns to perform solo on the stage. It was a really good party and we all enjoyed it. We stayed on for the disco which ended a very pleasant day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0174s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1012.6kb