SHANTYTOWN


Advertisement
Oceania
April 28th 2006
Published: April 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Friday 28th April 2006

We'd gone back in time-we were in the early 1900's in a little place called 'shantytown'. This is a recreated living village famous for its gold mining. As we walked through this cute little village we passed an old fashioned post office which you can still post and receive mail from with its 'shantytown stamp' on it, and the old bank and also the 'golden nugget hotel'. Walking through these doors we found ourselves now part of the village-i was now the barmaid and sean was the mean looking guy with a shotgun. After we posed for the cameras and sean had finished playing with his gun we headed next door for some good old penny sweets and enjoyed them whilst sitting on a real steam trin passing through 'china town' and reaching our final destination..the gold mines! Now it was our chance to get rich..we sieved through thousands of stones (the traditional way-gold panning...gold weighs more than stone so by gently washing away the stone the gols stays at the bottom until thats all your left with) until we were left with pure gold flakes! After that we made our way back through the town passing the fire & police stations and watched the horse and carts pass by!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



30th April 2006

Pikey
Sean you look like a Irish Pickpocket in that picture - change your name to Shaunus!!!!
8th May 2006

elo
hello sean and emma hope you are having a good time your site is amazing we cant belive how much you to have done the pitchers are mint !!! see you soon, love sharon,rob,amber,jamie,taylor and lily xxxxx

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb