The Olgas


Advertisement
Oceania
June 19th 2010
Published: June 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

olgas6olgas6olgas6

The Olgas
Day 72
The permits are good to go for these few days so we move out. We decide due to strong winds not to climb uluru and move straight to the olgas, where we enjoyed a 7.4km walk in the sun, if you can call it enjoyable. Lol. Its hot out, but we have camel packs and always have an emergency 600ml bottle on hand. Some people are out here with no water… they are insane. We finish the walk with the black flies hot on our tails… they never leave you alone. We hop back in the truck and start into aboriginal land and push our way to docker river a small community where camping is permitted. Along the way after a teeth jarring drive we stop at the lesseter cave, where an early explorer stayed trying to survive. He sadly did not make it. We get to camp and see there are no envelopes for payment so we get to camp for free. Which is cool with us. Although the natives come in flocks to check for money… about 4 rounds of them. So I doubt the proper people get the money. While camping we meet Hans and Anneke and share a fire and bullshit the night away. A very relaxing night with another fellow showing later in the evening joining into the talk.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1018.9kb