Ningaloo Marine Park


Advertisement
Oceania
April 27th 2009
Published: June 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Next morning we were happy to head onto Exmouth and check out the Ningy reef, if Coral bay and the snorkelling was anything to go by, Sandy and I were in for a real treat with the Ningaloo Marine Park. We found us a great spot next to Mandu Sanctuary zone and pulled out the tent, then headed out for an afternoon walk up Yardi Creek Gorge with a few tinnies of VB. Was a great humid afternoon too so we took a risk and went for a dip in the creek, a risk I say because they found a croc all the way up in Coral bay, who knows where it came from. That in mind we dared each other to swim the gorge, it was in record time as you’d imagine. We stopped on the way out checking out the fauna. We came across a rock waliby, which looks close to a Kanga, but it’s smaller, with small arms and legs. Also we were lucky enough to find an echidna crossing the road on the drive back, as we drove up to it slowing, it decided to play dead to save itself. We stopped on the side of the road for a closer peek, only to have the local rangers pull up next to us to inspect as it’ would appear we had driven over it and killed it. Ummm not the case, so Sandy and the ranger worked together to pick the little Kenny up and off the road. Crazy crazy feeling spikes. That was pretty special.

The next couple of days were entertaining as we went from Turquoise Bay to Oyster Stacks (best at high tide) and South mandu in search of coral and fishies and turtles. We found all! The turtles were at ease with tourists so we managed a few under water snaps, to be uploaded shortly. It’s a detinet must do for anyone that loves snorkelling. We also went for another trek through Mandu Mandu gorge. We were amped to swim with the whales also but we were running a bit low and so decided to hit the road onto Karratha to meet up with Clay. . .



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 7; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb