Day 60 - The Blue Mountains and the Three Sisters.


Advertisement
Oceania
January 5th 2007
Published: January 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We had a very early start this morning to catch the 6.40am ferry to Sydney, followed by a train to the central station where we caught the 8.20am train to Katoomba. The journey took 2 hours where we finally arrived in the heart of the Blue Mountains. We gathered together some information, food and drink, and walked through the town to see the main attraction. The Three Sisters are three large and weathered rock columns that sit next to one another before a majestic view of a deep and wided forested valley, with its characteristic blue haze. The main viewing platform was incredibly busy, as were several more platforms directly underneath the large rocks.

We followed a route know as the Giant Staircase - a cliff-hugging path with around 1000 steep steps, which takes you past the three sisters and into the forrested valley below. We we're glad we weren't walking up them! Fortunately the difficulty of the descent filters out the noisy crowds at the top, and the further and further we descended, the quieter it became. We carried on walking through the bush walk, and visitied Luera Cascades and Bridal Falls. We found our way to a village called Leura where we caught the train back to Sydney.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1004.8kb