Day 59 - More of Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Opera House
January 4th 2007
Published: January 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today was the last day we'd have to explore more of Sydney so we did as much as we could. We headed back to the Botanical Gardens to see how they looked in the daytime, when they are not packed with 25,000 new years eve revellers. The views of the Harbour Bridge and the Opera house were fantastic, and the gardens offered a huge variety of interesting and different types of trees - many different shapes and sizes. After looking around the Botanical Gardens we followed the path around to the harbour, passing a constant stream of joggers, to the Opera House. The Opera House is an impressive building with lots of interesting design and patterns to take in. It was also particular busy and we'd be forever walking into someones photograph.

Walking back to Circular Quay, we took the ferry to Darling Harbour so we could have a look around Paddy's Market. The huge market and held hundreds of stalls that sold absolutley everything you could imagine.

We'd been recommended to visit Sydney Observatory at just before nightfall, so we did - and it was closed! However it did offer some more good views of Sydney and the Harbour Bridge.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1008.5kb