Around the Island ...by bike!


Advertisement
Tonga's flag
Oceania » Tonga » Tongatapu
July 28th 2016
Published: July 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Tomorrow is a 50 or 60 km bike trip from the east of the island to Able Tasman point in the west (also where there are more bars). Easy - except for the piglets, dogs and other hazards! And Tongans motorists really don't understand cyclists. They definitely don't get the idea we do this for fun..... We have a variety of volunteers and bikes going along - everything from racing bikes to shoppers. Should be a fabulous day; especially as Tonga has several local brewed beers to celebrate with.

So what else have we been up to? Well Jan has an amazing veggie patch coming up. Plus he goes to the bush block and helps with the taro planting. He's also become island bicycle repair man by default.

I am having success at work with getting swim lessons and events organised. It's still a bit cold in the water for the kids; but our navy, prisons and especially firemen are doing well. We have regular pop up sessions too where we train anyone who happens to come down to the wharf. Our team is well established now - see pic of us in our caps! Left is Rochelle, then Mele and Poli. So Glam!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb