Background: The archipelago of "The Friendly Islands" was united into a Polynesian kingdom in 1845. It became a constitutional monarchy in 1875 and a British protectorate in 1900. Tonga acquired its independence in 1970 and became a member of the Commonwealth of Nations. It remains the only monarchy in the Pacific.
Photos from Tongatapu
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Tongatapu
Latest Blogs from Tongatapu
- May 29th 2012 The Kingdom of Tonga!
by Words: 5147 Photos: 23
- May 10th 2012 Tonga
by Words: 30 Photos: 28
- April 8th 2012 The Kingdom of Tonga - where the Streets have no name
by Words: 2674 Photos: 60
- January 20th 2012 Two Palangi in the Secret South
by Words: 645 Photos: 28
- February 8th 2011 Kingdom of Tonga
by Words: 38 Photos: 31
- February 5th 2011 THE KINGDOM OF TONGA AND THE INTERNATIONAL DATELINE
by Words: 777 Photos: 14
- March 8th 2010 ...
by Words: 28 Photos: 0
- June 20th 2009 Never have I been...
by Words: 298 Photos: 0
- August 16th 2008 Tonga Part 1 - Tongatapu Island (Main Island)
by Words: 432 Photos: 39
- July 27th 2008 Long Live the King
by Words: 579 Photos: 12
- March 29th 2008 The kingdom of Tonga
by Words: 1216 Photos: 19