TONGA


Advertisement
Tonga's flag
Oceania » Tonga » Tongatapu
April 16th 2015
Published: April 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi blog followers, sorry for the delay, but we're on TONGA and internet hit or MISS !! Big Miss !! We are staying in a bungalow on the beach, very basic, but the girls bring us breakfast every morning, fruit and pancakes and cook us an evening meal. Last night we had the most delicious pork with peanut sauce, tonight we're having coriander chicken. It is very poor here, totally different than the Cook Islands, good contrast. Anyhow going back to getting here, we caught a plane not til 10.00am, a delay because someone didn't get on the plane for some reason so they had to find his bags. Always makes us nervous when people do stuff like that. So 2 hours and 40 minutes later we arrive in Tonga, airport like a hut, but busy as one plane came in. A Kiwi chap called Ricky picked us up and took us out to the back of beyond, I kid you not people !! It was about half an hour from the airport and down some dirt tracks and wow, and behold, there was our bungalow on the beach. The local girls who are cooking for us said we could go to a show and one of the girls would drive us there and back, so that sounded good to us. so a crazy Tongan girl called Priscella arrived, when I say crazy, I mean that in a good way, very excitable and definitely a 'party' girl. She turned out to be the manageress of where we are staying. We got in her little car and she drove quite erratically down the tracks, asked us if we minded picking up her friend and off we all went, to a Tongan dance show and buffet. It was great, everyone was happy and in a Tongan party mood, one of the young lads put a row of flower garlands around Stu's neck, Stu looked totally embarrassed, he kept saying, can't you wear it, I said, 'No', it would be rude to take it off you' !!! Very funny. Photo will be put up. Now we are in a cafe in town, as I have free wi fi. We have nothing at the bungalow so what I will have to do is, do my blog when we are back in Auckland! NZ. We are leaving the island on Monday, staying overnight in NZ and back to Australia following day to make the next plan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



17th April 2015

Hey karol how fantastic it all looks. I think the flowers rather suit him! I can't believe how much your doing the place looks fabulous. You both look really well. I look forward to reading the next blog. Love to you both Xx
17th April 2015

Feather hat
Shame the young lad didn't put the feather hat on stu's head as well, that would have been a picture
20th April 2015

Hi s
What a shame he didn't, but apparently it's serious stuff, not sure why they do it, should have asked at the time, but was distracted with Stu !!
20th April 2015

?
What happened......no more blogs ?

Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0899s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb