Day 34 Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand
November 1st 2014
Published: November 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Everyone feeling not exactly fresh from the evening before a very lazy and casual morning took place complete with copious amounts of leftover glitter from the ample hippy costumes and facepaint traces all over everywhere and everyone.



Sufficiently recovered and devoid of facepaint and glitter, we went to meet Emily's friend Kitty who now lives in Queenstown. She introduced us to an amazing bar called Cowboys. This was the coolest place, not only was the place absolutely decked out with the theme including saddles as bar stools, moose heads everywhere and a giant bear, but they gave us 2 free shots each. One of which was a coconut tequila and the other was chocolate baileys. This obviously instantaneously became my favourite bar ever. We brought huge 12 dollar steins of ciders which are simultaneously great value and an arm workout.



We rejoined everyone back in the hostel to utilise the free hostel dinner. It was a pretty shit shepards pie but it did the job and when its free you can't really complain. Had a regroup before we all headed out to 1876 bar to chill outside in the sunshine. It is so beautiful to sit outside in the sunshine with mountains in your background. We then headed back to cowboys again for some more steins. They are incredible but they really bloat you out so much. Everyone joined us here as we were raving about how good it was during the day.



Doing another loop we made our way back to 1876 (going in circles it seemed) in which knowing our love of tequila and the price of a coffee patron – more than one of these was drunk shall we say. Tasting just like a shot of espresso they were delicious. Pretty dangerous.





Everyone must have been on quite the caffeine buzz because we all danced on tables, in front of fireplaces and ran around Winnie's for god knows how long. Although this is generally standard behaviour with our group it seems, it was especially prolonged and so so funny. Coffee shots are the way forward. The night ended how all nights should, drunkenly singing oasis in the street.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.529s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb