How diffferent NZ is compared to UK


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand
January 7th 2007
Published: July 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

In leaving NZ (very sadly) I compiled a list of the little differences between NZ and UK:

In NZ:
'Wee' is in common use to mean small, not just by those with Scottish heritage.

'Dairy' means corner or convience store.

They have 'Driver Reviver's on busy roads - free coffee for drivers!

They are not afraid to be blunt and use words like 'Tosser' on government public awareness adverts - 'Don't be a Tosser' on the side of bins

Another one in a bar toilet: Feel like a shit now? How would you feel if you let your mate drink drive...

If you drink drive you are a f*cking c*nt! - Not an official government one that, but on the side of a bar.

They start road works around the city after evening rush hour and by morning you are driving on new tarmac, with out any stress or congestion!

They openly swear on the radio - arsed, shit, bastard, pissed.

They call Flipflops Jangles.

The pronounce Subaru as Subbbarru .

Fuel pumps have little clips you can press to keep the pump pumping - so you don't have to hold the trigger down. You can also type in how much you want to spend (say $20) and then it will stop there for you - no more tesing towards $20 and then going over by 1 cent.

Not all sunshine though - their power plugs are crappy and don't stay in the sockets properly. Otherwise it is great - I want to move there asap!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0716s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb