Phase 2- New Zealand, Aukland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand
July 29th 2009
Published: July 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

11th May 2009

Somewhere along our 13 hour flight to New Zealand we lost this day so it never existed!

12th May 2009

After such a long flight mixed with jet lag, all we wanted was to go straight to bed. This was not to be. We waited around the airport for the shuttle bus to start running for an hour. When we finally arrived at the hostel we were greeted by a narcky cow. After knocking on the door for several minutes she finally opened the door for us and asked why we hadn't used the other entrance, which was not signposted and was disguised as a travel agents. Unable to check in until 1pm we dropped off our bags and searched for food. When we returned the room they placed us in was still dirty so we complained but got no apology. Finally moved to a semi clean room, we went to bed.

13th May 2009

The hostel we had just stayed in was so crap and annoyed us so much that we decided to move hostel, not a good start to New Zealand. We dropped off our bags and we were soon exploring Auckland. The first stop was the History Musuem and this was fantastic. It was a huge place with loads of different exhibitions and we managed to spend the whole day in there. At closing time we decided to walk up the extinct volcano, Mount Eden. This gave great view of the Auckland skyline at dusk.


14th May 2009

Today we decided to get the birds eye view of Auckland from the Sky Tower. We travelled up the speedy lift to the viewing platform and we were greeted by a stunning 360 degree view of Auckland. We even had tea and a muffin in the cafe whilst watching the city below go by. In the evening we decided to go on a bit of splurge and have dinner at the revolving restaurant on top of the Sky Tower. The meal was amazing and after being the last to leave we decided that we had definately gotten our money's worth.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 26; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb