Santiago - Our last few days in South America


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
July 19th 2009
Published: July 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

6th May 2009

After such a long journey, what can we say? Yes, we slept yet again! Having recovered, we bought ourselves some cheap Chilean wine to go with our meal. After two bottles it seemed a good idea to play drunken chess!

7th May 2009

Before the next leg of our journey we had the usual stuff to sort out so another day wasted in the capital doing what needed to be done. This included searching for a pair of knickers for Elaine (yes we haddn't done any laundry for a while!), how can they be so expensive in a South American country??

8th May 2009

Finally we got round to seeing the city. We decided to go to the Metropolitan Park which is built on top of a huge hill. Taking the funicular to the top taking photos of the view of the city and the exhibition gardens. The cable car back down led us to a playground, where, like two big kids we spent some time playing. Lets be honest we were only in Santiago for the flight to New Zealand!

9th May 2009

The previous evening we spent time drinking with some guys from the hostel. One of them who came from Chile knew of an amusement park close by so we spent the day there with them. The park was a lot of fun and we all got soaked on the rapids with the fatty who joined our group weighing the boat down!

10th May 2009

Sophisticated as we are, we decided to take a wine tour of Concha y Toro's vineyard. Sampling two fantastic wines, laughing at the pompous wine buffs who knew nothing and discovering the myth of the Castillo de Diablo (pretty sure you've all had a try of this fine wine!) Returning with our free glasses in hand we headed to the airport for phase 2!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb