NZ


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island
July 13th 2009
Published: July 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys,

Hope you are all well,

On Monday we went to Milford Sounds which was an awesome day. On the way there we stopped at the mirror lakes which is basically a lake that reflects all the mountains that are inh the background and is really pretty. We also saw a few more glaciers which were pretty cool. We then got to Milford sounds and took a boat ride through the area - we had a buffet lunch wjhere we ate like we had never eaten before and then went to see all the beautiful scenary. It was pretty amazing - we also saw dolphins and seals and went to an underwater viewing station to see the black coral and marine life there. The dolphins literally followed the boat and there were loads of them it was fab. All the whole days scenary was pretty much breathtaking and the sunset over the mountains was awesome. We had an early night that night preparing ourslves for the activites to come the next day.

134 metre bungy. Aghhhhhh. It was awesome actually but when you get to the edge it does make you think twice. You can hardly see the floor. There is really loud music playing though whioch gets you really pumped up and it is so much fun when you get over the initial fear. After we did it we congatulated ourselves with ferg burgers which were awesome as usual. We then did the canyon swing which was even more scary because we decided to do it backwards as we were feeling brave but the people who work there mess around with you and make you think they are going to let you go when they are not. Sophie was a real chiocken and took ages to jump. It was actually good they did it though cause I think it would of been a bit boring otherwise. We then checked in to our new hostel becauyse the one we were in was full and then got ready really quickly to go and have a drink with Ellie and Hannah and everyone else in the other hostel before going out in celbration of our accomplishments. Iyt was another really good evening and queenstown has really good nightlife.

First day of skiing. Woop Woop. I love it. Sophie was being a bit wimpy though and only wanted to go on the greens which was slightly fustratuing but what ever. We were on the remarkables skiing and for the next two days it was coronet peak. When we got back we went in the hot tub and then had an early night so we could hyave a better day skiing the next day.

Today we got up earlier and met Ellie and Hannah and and there freind who is a really good skier and went sking. It was a much better day as Sophie had no choose but to follow us on the bigger slopes. I had an awesome day and she did to but she was aching a lot. We got her on the blacks though even though she was reluctant. The

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb