Day Seventy Nine


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Wanaka
August 6th 2008
Published: August 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN NEW ZEALAND, DAD!!! I will wish you a better one when it really is your birthday, and an even better one when I get home. I love you!

Hey, everyone! I'm sure you weren't on the edge of your seat, but we are doing great!

Our fly-cruise-fly trip to Milford Sound was cancelled due to bad weather at sea. It would have been great to see Fiordland from the air and to sail into the Sound, but it doesn't look like the weather is getting any better out there. Oh well, we tried. Instead, we drove up to Wanaka to walk around. We had amazing Thai again, ran into some friends that we met a while back (happens all the time), and camped out in our van. It couldn't have been better. Wanaka is beautiful.

Today, we tried to do the flight to Milford again, but no luck there, so we went skiing up at Treble Cone! Jack got some great pictures up around the cliffs on the backside of the mountain. We passed up on skiing in Cardrona, but between the runs at Ruapehu and the scenery at Treble Cone, I think we'll be alright. We cooked Ramen noodles in the back of our van for a late lunch down by the lake, threw rocks, and listened to music. We may have attacked a few seagulls, too...

We found an internet cafe that has wireless internet, so pictures WILL be posted today or tomorrow.

Tiff, the pig was soooo enormous. I was just on the other side of the fence from him, yelling and making a big scene to try and get him to look at the camera. Nothing. He wouldn't wake up for me. He readjusted his head a little. That was all. He probably weighed 600-700 pounds. I love the pictures of Belly! Keep sending them! Jack saw Pancho in one of them, though, and had to look away. You could hear him say "ick" under his breath. Some things never change 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



6th August 2008

hey!
thank you for more about the pig. i really do like him a lot. well, today is dad's big 5-0! i will give him extra hugs for you and jack. poncho is so jealous of the baby... it's kinda funny. he really just ignores her, until she is getting the attention he wants. then he will sit inbetween us.... or scratch her! he is a brat! isabella is growing sooo fast. she already outwieghs (sp?) lauren. well, you have babies to come home to.... so hurry up! they are growing without you!!! oh, i have a project for you too! love you both!!! bye!
7th August 2008

pictures!
finally some pictures!! they are all amazing, but i really really like photo 19 and 17. i love photo 17.... it reminds me of a little kid trying to feed wild animals..... they just aren't that hungry though. well, i am sorry your trip is coming to it's end.... but we are all so thrilled to see you both again. enjoy the last couple days, take tons of pictures!! you two have only just begun your journey together.... isn't that crazy! and look what you've already gotten to expierience!! i love you, you spoiled brats! i am crazy excited to see you both soo soon.

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb