Day Eighty


Advertisement
Published: August 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey, Dad! Happy birthday, again!



Yesterday, we wound up leaving Wanaka and driving up to Twizel. Nice little town. As usual, the people are sweet and the scenery is beautiful. We got here pretty late last night and got right back in the van first thing this morning. We drove out to the Mount Cook National Park to hike some of the trails out there. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. Mount Cook is the tallest mountain in NZ, and we got to hike pretty close to its base. The sky was perfectly blue and sunny. We hiked through boulder fields, across rivers, through the sandy flats, up to the lake in front of the Tasman Glacier, all the while eating fresh snow and gaining altitude. It would have been perfect for pictures if we had remembered to bring our camera...

Tomorrow, we are getting up at the crack of dawn to do it all again. This time, I will make sure the camera is on me. Later on, we are driving out to Lake Tekapo, and then on to Christchurch.

Pictures are posted! I went all the way back to the 28th of July and updated the journal entries with our pictures! Finally!

Advertisement



8th August 2008

Hey, the pictures were great!!! Nat and I are in Chicago visiting Shannon. We're going down to Michigan Avenue today. Thanks for posting the pics -- its great to see you! Post another blog for us today. Jack check your email for the Augsberg thing -- it should be there this week they said. Love you both! Mom

Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0702s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb