Day Eighty One


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Akaroa
August 8th 2008
Published: August 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The weather was pretty rough yesterday throughout the whole south island. We decided against our trekking plans, so you guys will never see how beautiful our hike out to Mount Cook and the Tasman Glacier was. It's our fault for not bringing the camera with us, but at the same time, it makes that day even more special.

We hit the road instead, drove through the snow, hail, and rain, past lake Tekapo, through Christchurch, and down to Akaroa. Akaroa is a small French settlement on a beautiful bay. There are dolphins, trails, french bakeries, etc. Jack and I spent the night here and are just about to pack up now to head toward Blenheim. We aren't sure how far north we will get today, but we will be in Blenheim on Sunday. We are going to book a ferry to Wellington for Monday morning.

I am going to try to cook when we get home!!! I keep having dreams that I can actually do it, so now I have all this inspiration. I'm really excited. I know it will be a disaster, but you watch. I will cook!

Nat, Shannon, and Bobbi - Have fun this weekend!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



9th August 2008

nearing the end
Hey guys, sound like the south islnd has been pretty exciting. Good weather, bad weather all sorts of stuff. We really like all the pictures. We see that you are heading back north soon. Let us know what day you fly back, we forgot. Talk to you soon
10th August 2008

What an adventure you have had so far!
We have enjoyed reading your blog. What a great way to start a marriage. We have enjoyed your pictures so much. Thanks for sharing. Buck and Cindy
10th August 2008

ew
you.... cook? wow, you have changed! first coffee... now a meal, what's next?! what are you going to make? i bet it will be great, even if it doesn't turn out quite like the dream it will be a meal you always remember. have fun! can't wait to see you and jack.... and i cannot wait for you to se this chunk monster. rosa doesn't call her princessa isabella anymore.... now, it's thunder thighs. or gordita. she says even her feet are too fat!!! it is soo cute. well, love you.

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb