Wanky Wanaka


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Wanaka
March 6th 2008
Published: March 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 162 - Friday 29 February

It was bloody cold last night. The hostel were staying in doesn't provide you with a duvet and i'd woken up in the middle of the night freezing to death. In the end I slept with two layers of clothes on but it was still cold. As this particular hostel is already booked up tonight, and were going to stay another night in town we moved into the hostel next door which thankfully provides warm bedding.

With lots of stuff still to organise over the next few days we then headed off to the internet cafe to do some more research on trips and future hostels before grabbing lunch. Once lunch was over we spent the afternoon having a go at archery. Unfortuantely thats another sport ive discovered i wont be good enough to compete in at the 2012 olympics.

As its Friday night it would be a shame not to go out as its only about 1 pound fifty a pint everywhere. So after a couple of hours studying spanish we went to one of the local boozers. However it was like a sausage factory inside. Once again I couldn't help but think I wish I was back in Asia rather than here. Its not just the girls theres a holiday atmosphere over ther. Here its just like an ordinary night out with people thinking they've got to be back at work in the morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb