Puzzle Mania!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Wanaka
January 26th 2008
Published: January 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We checked out of Holly's hostel and went to Puzzle World in Wanaka which we fancied! We started off with the full size maze which you had to get to 4 coloured towers and then back to the beginning! It took us 45 mins which is about normal, people take 30 - 60 mins normally so we did Ok! Was funny though!

After that they had illusion rooms which were fantastic. There were weird holograms on the walls which changed pictures when you moved from side to side, they had a wall of faces which followed you everytime you moved which was really weird! Excellent though! They had the room where you could magically stand leaning without falling over....or were we???!! You felt like you were drunk though walking through it! They had water running uphill and a ball on a pool table running uphill too!! Very clever illusions!

One of the funniest was this room you could go in, if you looked through the window the room looked normal but then if a person went in it and you looked tiny at one side then you walked and you grew bigger and nigger to giant size! Will try and get the video on here if I can!! was cool!

Lou bought a puzzle ring which falls to pieces which we had fun trying to get back together that afternoon as I made her pull it apart and show me how it worked! Then I had to put it back together for her so she could actually wear it - am now a pro and have mastered the art! No flies on me!

We then drove to Queenstown which is amazing place. We got a really great feel for the place as soon as we got there. Its embedded in the mountains by a lake. Had a bit of trouble finding accom but we are in the Black Sheep - is that saying something??!! It's a really nice place though and we saved 3 dollars a night with our Backpacker cards - hurray - we like a discount!! We have all these free guidebooks for NZ that have vouchers in so we are right little coupon queens now - you would be proud Dad!

We went for a look around the harbour area where there was a little market on which was nice, its flipping roasting here! No breeze at all, really still, escorchio!!

Again we just chilled out and watched DVD that night, getting very boring aren't we!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb