The Gondola and the Luge


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
January 27th 2008
Published: January 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Had a lazy chilled out start, made a packed lunch and headed up to the Gondola where the action is! We got the Gondola up there which was cool, excellent view. I don't know why they call it a Gondola but hey ho, it's a cable car really - bloody Kiwi's! We went to the viewing deck and you could see the whole of Queenstown up there, the view was excellent!! It was stunning, seeing the lake and the mountains and lots of paragliders!

We then hit the Luge which are little go kart things as you can see. The course was really good and the Karts corner really well! The handle bars steer, if you push and pull them they are the breaks and the accelerator!! was wicked fun and the course took you through tunnels and under bridges!! Wanted to go again but we restrained ourselves at 8$ a pop! You had to get a chair lift up there which is like a ski chair lift! Lou did well on it!!

We went back to the viewing deck again and saw some people doing the bungy swing. It wasn't a very good one though, you were harnessed around the waist and only dropped about 10 - 15m! rubbish!! There's one a little bit out of town at 109m high! ha ha! There's also a canyon swing which is a big one here. They have quotes on their fliers from people who have done it and one guy said 'even my shit was scared' which I thought was pretty funny!!!

We ate our lunch up at the top of the mountain then headed back to normal level!! I made omlettes for tea - well done Dad for teaching me how to make them all those years ago!! They turned out Ok since it's been a while! We then headed out to paint the town!!! We hits a few bars, got talking to the bus driver of the Kiwi experience bus (these are the hop on hop off guided bus tours) and we went to go in a bar with him but they wouldn't let us in as it was after midnight! He flashed the Kiwi Experience name and hey, we got in and we got free teapot cocktails! Nice one - will remember that! See - you don't need the bus tours, you just need the driver!! We got talking to a girl off the Kiwi bus who was from Runcorn! So it was a fun night!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0779s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb