Long time no blog...for 16 February 2009


Advertisement
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Timaru
March 2nd 2009
Published: March 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It has been weeks since we have made an entry in this blog, and much has transpired. Let's start chronologically...PLEASE NOTE THE SECOND PAGE OF PHOTOS... The third weekend in Feb., we went to Geraldine and Ashburton. We went with our Pediatrician friend from San Antonio who lives next door. Her name is Jorgina and she is originally from Brazil. Any concerns in how hard I am working pale in ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Kiwi Country...for a change, Kiwi Country...for a change,
Kiwi Country...for a change,

Kiwis, sheep, bears, rugby players...
On to the Tin Shed...On to the Tin Shed...
On to the Tin Shed...

This is an upscale knitwear store out in the middle of nowhere, and housed in, you guessed it, a Tin Shed. We stopped because we had stopped whilst on tour 12 years ago, and wanted to recall memories. It was much more remote than I remember...of course, I was driving this time. We found the prices high.
On up to Ashburton...On up to Ashburton...
On up to Ashburton...

From the Tin Shed, we went to the South Island RV show in Ashburton. They had hundreds of RV's for sale, over a hundred different models. I found it interesting, Nahid and Jorgina, not so much.
Shakespeare by the Bay...Shakespeare by the Bay...
Shakespeare by the Bay...

We stopped at My favorite, Guess who (Subway of course) and made our way back to Timaru, getting to the Caroline Bay soundshell just in time to catch the performance of Twelfth Night and a picnic.
Great place to pick up girls (friends)Great place to pick up girls (friends)
Great place to pick up girls (friends)

This little girl was given free reign of the front section of the park, introducing herself to this somewhat older young lady...I think she found us much less interesting...
Getting a closer view...Getting a closer view...
Getting a closer view...

A real Shakespearean fan, she moves in for a closer inspection of the action.
A little closer still...A little closer still...
A little closer still...

Not quite close enough on the steps, she moves onto the stage...and the Fool takes her front row seat for an aside...
Casting call...Casting call...
Casting call...

Moving into the middle of the action, she becomes a cast member...not exactly the way the Bard wrote it...
Becoming a hand-me-down...Becoming a hand-me-down...
Becoming a hand-me-down...

Wanting to meet other cast members, she gets handed off to the Vicar, who carries her down the steps sets her down and blesses her with the Sign of the Cross...is an actor playing a Vicar qualified to do that?...perhaps it was only a "play" blessing.
Pak 'n SavePak 'n Save
Pak 'n Save

On to the grocery store, where there is a sale on Traffic Light Peppers...
Or rather...Or rather...
Or rather...

A four pack of four colored capsicums...why don't they call them by their real name...
Ever seen these?Ever seen these?
Ever seen these?

These are scallops. Notice the normal white things with the strange orange things attached to some of them. I understand they are the "females", but am not quite sure what exactly they represent.



8th March 2009

love the blog
hey you two, y'all are looking like you're having way too much fun. nahid, you are looking specially lovely. good hubby time and lots of down time is good for you! love selah
9th March 2009

Hey, Great to hear from you
Hi Jack and Nahid, Was really good to hear from you guys. Sounds like you are having a good time in New Zealand. All is well here in the CO, we are really dry and unseasonbly warm. Not much to report, just working every once in awhile and liking it.ha! Ron and I have been getting through the winter months waiting for spring to do some yard work. Thanks for the updates- enjoy hearing from you guys. Enjoy yourselves, you've earned it.
12th March 2009

Thanks for sharing!
I absolutely love the fact that you've added such humorous moments as your Shakespearean theatre picnic. I couldn't stop laughing!

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb