Mop Top


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
April 1st 2006
Published: April 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Regay in le parcRegay in le parcRegay in le parc

enjoying the sun
Hey guys, since i just wrote a huge blog and it was lost into the darkest reaches of cyber space (troubles of me and claire trying to log into the site at the same time) i'll be brief and list whats been going on in bullet points with a bit of discription.

Frank Fans - Frank passed his WOF (warreny of fitnness or MOT if you're English) with flying colours and cost us no money at all - whether this was due to the state of Frank or the mechanic who carried out the inspection is debatable.

Extreme Cliff Jumping - Well not really that extreme but as you can see from the pictures we had a grand old time launching ourselves from the safety of a cliff into an absolutly freezing lake - the mistake was made that we went just after the sun went down - bad idea. It's amazing how quickly it can turn from sunbathing of our little balcony sipping tea at home one minute and then be freezing even with 2 fleece layers on a matter of seconds later.

Diner Breakfasts - An American thing where we ate huge amounts of bacon, pancakes,
Diner BreakfastDiner BreakfastDiner Breakfast

laurel and kate we salute you
syrups, bucks fizz and fruit. Beautifully prepared by the American girls Laurel and Katy.

Drinking Margaritas - During an inpromtu party randomly thrown by the boss where we sat around and drank in the sun while moaning about how we dont have a spa - it's a hard life as usual.

Watching Paragliders - The flight path from the gliders off the big mountain near here comes directly over the house and provides a constant source of entertainment.

Cavemen Auditions - As you may have read from Claire she was astonished to here that they didn't think there were ginger cavepeople.

Nearly Getting Jobs - Nothing concrete as yet but the amount of C.V.s we've put out it can't be long before we are gainfully employed.

Spending Lots Of Time Comparing Engalnd and the USA - The language in the flat is meeting somewhere in the middle so me and claire have inflicted choice English phrases on the house in return for us say 'guy' in a US accent all the time.

Pie - We had pie with cheese melted on top one evening.

Fleece Trousers - I have some - charity shop, $5.

Sorry the blog isn't great but i'm still miffed at losing my first one.

Bye For Now

marc


Advertisement



6th April 2006

Bird flu
Hi Guys Will you please stop having such a good time. Thoes of us who are still working in the UK and only get small holidays are getting envious. Keep flying the flag of random, for queen country and empire! Mick

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb