what do you mean i dont look like a cave woman?!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
April 1st 2006
Published: April 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

just to prove we are eating well!just to prove we are eating well!just to prove we are eating well!

Claire's creation of green bean alien mash...mmmm
hey guys!

A quick word from Queenstown to say we are both well and having a great old time. The sun is shining, the sky is blue and marc says hello too! Not too much to update from the last blog, apart from i'm no longer a scrubber, some higer order has taken pity on me and decided my scrubbing days are over! So instead of cleaning i'm now on the front line......thats a receptionist to you and me. Still owrking at the hippo lodge but managed to slip into this fairly cushy job as our friend and music man Robin headed back to England for 6 weeks. As a dedicated worker of course i shall have to try out some of the crazy activities i'm going to try and sell....FREEBIES FOR ME! Also i am in the very luxurious position of having my own bedroom for the next six weeks, marc is trying to convince me to let him move in from his dorm but as yet this hasnt happened!

So still on the lookout for jobs we are enjoying just being in queenstown. Scared ourselves silly a couple of days ago going cliff jumping with fellow worker
Tree peopleTree peopleTree people

Not strictly for this blog but it needed brightening up!
and housemate Jeff. Feeling quite apprehensive i was on the verge of backing out when off jumped marc without so much of a squeal, not wanted to be out done off i jumped, and again and again. Was still shaking an hour later from the cold of the lake and the fear of jumping! Also, our new boss seems to be quite inclined to throw parties for us with food and drink budgets included which is all very lovely so we have been supping on margaritas on our balcony with its gorgeous views. This is the life. And it's also free which is the price we like most at the moment! Photos coming as soon as i get my foot in the office door and onto the computer.

Marc is well, he'll probably be writing a blog after this i expect, he's been wowing us and queenstowns irish folk with his musical prowess in various irish bars across the town. We're working up to performing a duet in the coming months!

We tried to audition for a cave man film today too, although me and marc both got rejected on grounds of not looking like cave men....i'm sure there must have been loads of pale freckly and ginger cave people!!

Off for lunch now, hello to dad in China (trying to out travel me it seems!) and hope everyone is well and enjoying springtime, claire xxx




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Sunny daysSunny days
Sunny days

Photos thanks to Robin Alagooo!


Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 17; qc: 88; dbt: 0.1045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb