NEW ZEALAND


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
February 27th 2007
Published: February 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Groove in the ParkGroove in the ParkGroove in the Park

Started the day off jet lagged and confused so decided to chill out and soak in the kiwi atmosphere at a music festival
New Zealand, quite a culture difference to South America but felt like the perfect place to THROW MYSELF OUT OF A PLANE 12,000 FT IN THE SKY!!!!!!!


TUESDAY 27th February.....day of doom............the day we were'nt alowed mention untill our feet were firmly on the ground!!

So we arrived in Queenstown on the south island and booked a 12, 000 ft skydive for 9.30 the next day. then the subject was banned. As far as we were concerned we werent actually doing it.


So after a sleepless night..not sure why???? we headed off and were all kitted out in our suits with faces of terror all around me and a few nervous giggles! Actually i thought we were all right but i think my face was telling a different story! Up in the plane which was a tiny little thing with Jade and her tandom jumper and camera man, me and mine and kate with hers( you wouldn't be able to fit anyone else in) Kate was first to go much to her terror , couldn t look at her as sure i could nearly see tears but as soon as the camera man climbed out and clung on to the side of the plane Kate was gone with me 30 seconds behind her. I was out the door before i knew it! WOW! It was like nothing i could describe just the most amazing feeling of fear and excitement,free falling for 45 seconds spinning upside down and waving to the cameraman floating in front of me! Its amazing because although i was scared of the unknown i felt secure as i was strapped to the tandom jumper. Iwas just floating through the air completely gobsmacked! Then the parachute went up and we were traveling at 200km/h, i didnt think id be able to open my eyes but was able to take in the views and have a chat with the tandam man!Just looking down, it felt really calm even though we were falling so fast, it only took about 7 mins to get to the ground, i could see kate below and Jade above aswell which was fantastic!
oh it was just out of this world, would love to do one again but higher next time!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

The plane ride!The plane ride!
The plane ride!

may not look it but this is very very scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb