New Zealand Road Trip


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Punakaiki
May 6th 2007
Published: May 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 17 - Sunday 6th May

Left hostel 10.30am and headed towards Greymouth where we would be leaving our Vehicle to catch the Tranzalpine train the following day back to Christchurch!! We arrived in Greymouth + booked a hostel for the night at the 'Noah's Ark Backpackers' - very funky little place! We decided to book a brewery tour + tasting...plus a $5.00 eat as much as you can BBQ - Nik was in her element!LOL!!

Headed further North in the car to Punakaiki, to see the Pancake rocks + Blow-holes + to drop off our passenger 'kee'. The rocks were pretty cool...very unusual. The weather came in spells of sunshine + misty/fog, but whilst visiting the Pancake Rocks we were blessed with lots of sunshine + it felt quite warm! We had lunch there + waved goodbye to kee who was hitching further North to Abel Tasman region!

BEER BEER BEER in my belly!!! hahaha! The brewery tour was ok, but the beer tasting was soooooooo much fun + very nice indeed! We had 6 different types of beer/lager to taste - all came in about 1/4 pint glass + we had to drink each one very fast....on an empty stomach....so got a bit giggly!hehehe!!

BBQ -all you can eat sausages, pasta, salad and bread was good value for money, however Sar opted for an extra veggie option....veggie patties + all the above + sausages too if she wanted but she decided not too! We also had a free pint of Monteiths at the BBQ!

In bed early tonight!! We muct be getting old!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0127s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1001.5kb