New Zealand - Dunedin + Otago


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Otago
April 5th 2007
Published: April 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dunedin & chocolate & beer - for one reason or another, the chocolate factory and beer factory grew out to be the main tourist attractions of Dunedin, even though the city itself was really worthwile visiting.
Well, we couldn't miss those highlights so after spending the morning at Otago peninsula, we booked both factory tours for the afternoon.

The peninsula was a nice drive around and we got to see the big royal albatrosses with a 3 meter span width (see pictures) and again seals.

The chocolate factory wasn't that interesting, the beer factory had a nice museum and the tasting was a nice finisher of the tour and the day. (the guide of the tour had the same thought like the group, dont waste too much time if it will reduce the tasting time afterwards...)

After the beers we ate very delightful burgers nearby... than another drink in a nice bar with live music.

The next day we walked around in the city and went up to the steepest street of the world. we didn't trust the car enough so walked the way up...

At the end of the day we drove further in
direction of Mount cook and slept in Twizel in a nice lodge (High Country lodge).


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 6; ; mem: 1mb