fun on a rainy day in Nelson


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Nelson Region » Nelson
January 24th 2006
Published: August 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Nelson012Nelson012Nelson012

Christ Church Cathedral
We spent most of this morning at an internet cafe looking for work opportunities around Nelson. It started raining while we were using the computer (NZ's sunniest city - yeah right!). We decided not to let that stop us, so we spent the rest of the day walking around in the rain and popping into all the galleries and art stores that we could find. Then we wandered into a museum that had a bunch of random stuff and also a big exhibit all about Lord Nelson (which I guess makes sense, considering the name of the town). So we learned all about Nelson's naval exploits and other facts about the commander - including his reported last words: "Kiss me Hardy". Ummm, a little of an unorthodox request for you subordinate officer, but okay! We also saw the Christ Church Cathedral and even stumbled across the jewelers where they made "the one ring to rule them all". Fun times.

When we got back to the hostel, we dried off and borrowed Rummikub from the front desk. It gave us something to do other than crosswords, which was nice. Eventually we got tired of rummikubing though, so we borrowed another game
Nelson011Nelson011Nelson011

Jewelers
the was kind of like pictionary with blocks. It was actually really fun and we entertained ourselves until bedtime with trying to depict everything from 'fire' to 'a llama' using only rectangles.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0757s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb