New Zealand / Australia Trip


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Nelson Region » Nelson
February 18th 2012
Published: February 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

NelsonNelsonNelson

Jewelry store - Lord of the Rings designer
2/18/12

Started the day by going to the outdoor food and craft market. The highlight of the morning was a visit to the Hans Jenson Jewelry Store. Hans Jenson designed the Ring used in the movie Lord of he Rings.

We also visited WOW, World Of Wearable Art & Classic Car Museum.

This museum displayed garments designed by artists from NZ and from other countries around the globe. They were futuristic in design and materials. In addition to the Wearable Art Exhibit, the Museum included a classic car collection.

Leaving the Museum we began driving south toward the West Coast city of Westport. The road began to wind and twist as we entered higher elevations. Along the way we stopped at Spooner’s Range Lookout where we had a good view of the surrounding mountains. Further south the drive followed the Buller River Gorge. We stopped at Kawatiri Buller River Outlook. This area is the historical site of the New Zealand Gold Rush.

By early evening we reached our destination for the day, Westport.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

NelsonNelson
Nelson

Mom wearing Jens Hansen's designed ring.
NelsonNelson
Nelson

The Ring
NelsonNelson
Nelson

Know your ring
WestportWestport
Westport

The Buller River
WestportWestport
Westport

Dinner at Denniston Dog


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb