Zurich to New Zealand - home again


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Nelson Region » Nelson
August 4th 2011
Published: August 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We left Grindelwald at 4pm on Tuesday, Swiss time, for the long trip home beginning with trains from Interlaken with a change at Bern and then onto Zurich airport.

We flew Emirates Airlines to Dubai (6 hours flight, 3 hour wait), to Syney ( 13 hours flight, 2 hour wait), Auckland ( 3 hours flight, 3 hours wait), Nelson (1.15 flight). A total of 37.5 hours travelling. Awful! But needs must! Any one who has done these long hauls knows that you just have to endure, for better, for worse.

We were met at Nelson Airport by big sister Carol and Karilyn. Lovely. It was so nice to see familiar faces and Kiwi voices. After so many weeks of foreign languages it was a real treat to hear familiar accents again. Wonderful. Lindsay drove home and we were fooled by the right hand drive which we'd become accustomed to. I automatically went to the drivers seat as a passenger and Linds had to rethink the side of the road to drive on. As one would imagine, we were totally knackered, but it was good to be back home again. Big Sis and her husband have made a fantastic job of looking after our home and cat so it was a delightful home coming.

So, this is the end of blogging for this Trip No1. It has been an interesting way of recording a trip and certainly a good way to look back on what we have done.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0996s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb