Farewell Switzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Zürich
August 2nd 2011
Published: August 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

And so, the 3 month odyssey comes to an end. The day dawned clear, sunny and warm. A great day for holiday makers and many people were seen heading for the hills in their hiking gear or cycling gear. There were also many sunburnt bodies from yesterday's summery weather. It seems that summer has well and truly kicked in and whilst this may appear to be bad for us, it has saved us from getting too steamed up while hiking up mountains. Cooler is better and September is a far more sensible time to be in Europe.

It was hard farewelling the house which may be sold by the next time we visit (if it happens again). It has been a home for us for 10 visits so we feel quite attached to it. A farewell to Mariann too although we're sure we'll meet again. And lastly, a farewell to this most beautiful of countries. We will miss it.

So what experiences or places stand out for us? Meeting our Italian cousins, Braies in Nth Italy, the Dolomites, Portogruaro, Italian history, learning more about Uncle Percy and the war; the Rosenlauen valley to Meirengen, First, and many others in Switzerland; the historic towns in France and especially Limousin. Let us not forget the friendliness and helpfulness of most Europeans.

We leave Zurich at 10pm and head home via Dubai and Sydney arriving back in Nelson at 4.50pm on Thursday evening, NZ time.

And that dear friends, is the end of my blogs for this trip. Blogging has proven a great way to keep in touch with family and friends as well as providing us with travelogue to refer to in the future.
Ciao, Wedersehn and Au Revoir.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.286s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb