Going up the Island.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Motueka
November 6th 2009
Published: November 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Greetings.

Our last day with Chad we hiked two glaciers. (Fox and Franz) and drove to the pancake rocks ( and blow hole) All of us loved the hikes but the hightlight was watching the sunset over the Tasman Sea and the pancake rocks. We camped on the West Side and watched the ocean beat the shore,
we woke to our new neighbors the Kewa birds. They do not fly and are very curious.

We sadly dropped Chad off yesterday in Christchurch. That was a very fast 10 days. We were not ready to return him back to the States. Last night we drove up North along the East coast for about an hour and camped on the beach.
Today we continued North through the Victoria Mountain Range. We saw more sheep and lots of logging.

We currently are on the north end of the South island and hopefully will discover Able Tasman Reserve. We do like the camper van and renting the Holiday Camping sites. We've met people from all over the world in the Kitchens and common areas. Time for showers and will keep you posted.

We tried to download pictures to share with you . We're stuck with dial up and it's not working. We'll post asap when we can.



Advertisement



6th November 2009

Pickup Chad
Hi to you guy's Pickup Chad at the Airport last night. He was feeling fine, you will have to talk to him later about his layover at LAX. Enjoy your last week. See you all in a week. Dave.
6th November 2009

Hey Guys
Just letting you know I made it home safely. Everything at your place is fine, Maggie is doing a great job. Thanks again for the great time! I'm still trying to absorb everything, it feels like it was a whirlwind trip even though it was 10 days. You guys be safe and have a wonderful time! Love ya! PS- oh yeah I got to fly on a 747 on the way back and the thing was maybe half full, they just let people sit wherever they wanted.

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb