Sunday 8/2/15 Te Anau and Milford Sound.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Milford Sound
February 21st 2015
Published: February 21st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 8/2/15 Te Anau and Milford Sound.

Early start to catch the bus for our trip to Milford Sound. Only 10 on a minibus plus driver, Jacquie, just a good size really. Jacquie knew her stuff so gave us a good load of information on the way, with some excellent photo stops and little walks.

We went through a tunnel 1.1k in length and on a 1:10 slope, earlier in the week they had to follow the snow plough through it. Arrived at Milford Sound in time for 1335 sailing and again a fairly small boat and group. The sound is really a fiord and was actually awesome.

It's really difficult to get the scale in a picture but the ones with other boats or planes help. The Rock is very hard and so is very steep which makes the water really deep right up to the rock. This means the boat can get really close to the sides. Some fantastic waterfalls and a few seals.

The cloud was quite low which made the mountains seem even higher and it looks good in the photos too.



Arrived back in Te Anau about 1800, just good time to get changed and head out for tea again. Italian this time with GF pasta.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb