Monday 9/2/15 Te Anau to Dunedin


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Otago » Tapanui
February 21st 2015
Published: February 21st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Monday 9/2/15 Te Anau to Dunedin Left Te Anau heading for Dunedin but with a small detour to visit Rachel in Tapanui. Last saw Rachel in Perth WA in 1993 so we had a fair bit to catch up on. Luckily a lot had been done on Facebook already. Was great to meet up again and see some of the family, Jamie was working away but Dylan was home for lunch and we picked the two little ones, Harrison and Oliver, when they finished school and nursery. Rachel gave us lunch and took us for a drive round Tapanui. Looks pretty idyllic with family close by and schools, shops and a river for swimming in the summer. We left just after 3 when the boys had been picked up and headed to Dunedin. Hope it's not another 21 years till we catch up again. The motel here, Bluestone on George was really nice and had its own washer dryer so got a load done (one thing less to do at home). Too late for early happy hour (only managed that a couple of times) so had a drink and tea in 'The Bog' an Irish bar obviously! Quiz night but we didn't join in this time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb