Dunnie


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Dunedin
April 14th 2010
Published: April 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I arrived in dunedin around 130 in the afternoon and surprisingly it was actually quite warm, i got a little lost trying to find the hostel but eventually got there i got a shower and a wash and by the time i was changed and ready to go out and explore town it was cold and raining. i went for a short walk through the city centre before going back to the hostel to make dinner and then chill out for the rest of the evening.

the following day i had quite a nice lie in til around 1130 and surprisingly enough it was raining outside. i braved the elements though and went to the NZ sports hall of fame which was quite interesting although not as big as i expected it to be and then as the weather didnt show much signs of improvement so i retired to the internet cafe and booked my flights to Australia again i just chilled out and watched a movie in the hostel in the evening.

on tuesday i got up bright and early with the intention of going out to the beach to do some surfing so eventually i found the right bus stop and bus and travelled out of the city to st. clair, upon arrival it was quite cold but at least it was dry, i walked down to the beach only to find that the place to hire boards from was now closed for the winter. so i walked along the beach to st. kilda and surprise surprise the place was shut there aswell so i walked back along the beach to st. clair and it was here where i became slightly relieved that i couldnt get a board as i spotted the shark alarm thats just off the beach, there was people out surfing though so i cant be that badly infested water. i ducked into a nice little cafe overlooking the ocean and got a drink and some soup, which was nice, so it wasnt a totally wasted trip out of town. in the evening i went a took a tour of the speights brewery, which was quite interesting as they still brew beer with the old fashioned methods, and then at the end you get to do a tasting session at the end, then i went with a guy from my hostel, who was from redhill, and got some nice dinner at the brewery bar just 50m down the road where the beer is fresh from the brewery, i had lamb and it was beutiful. we then moved onto another bar for a couple of drinks with two german girls who we had met on the tour and also ended up eating at the same bar as us, didnt stay out til to late though.

not done a massive amount today lots of reading and lounging around, got speaking to an older bloke from australia and one of the guys who runs the hostel for a little while which ended up with me being offered a place to stay if i go to perth when im in oz but i dont think that i will be going to western oz but it was nice non the less. just going to chill out some more tonight before the 730 coach to christchurch for two days in the morning.

hope everyone is doing well out there in internet land

bye

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb