christchurch


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
April 18th 2010
Published: April 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

so i arrived in christchurch and immeadiatly got lost and so ended up having to get a taxi to the hostel which was a little out of town so a walk would have been a long one anyway. the hostel was a former prison which was only decommishioned in 1999 and two of the cells had been left untouched so it was quite interesting. it was actually addington village where i stayed not christchurch but it was only 10-15 mins on the bus into the city centre. alot of people said to me that chrischurch was like being in england. i can see why people say such things a couple of churches and a nice cathedral and a canal running thorough the city so i see ehere people get that opinion but i felt dunedin was a more english city with the buildings being a bit more run down and old a bit like parts of manchester, liverpool etc. but anyway i walked around the city for a while noticed there are at least 4 different starbucks and then just relaxed in the hostel in the evening and an early night.

day 2 in christchurch was about as eventfull as day one did some laudary and then posted some bits and pieces home before chilling out and watching tele in the afternoon. i went out to a bar and got some dinner and watched the rugby in the evening went back to the hostel and tried to get an early night before the flight tomorrow but didnt get to sleep til gone 11 and then woke up again at 2. the shuttle was picking me up to go to the airport at 3 so i just got ready to leave.

so thats part one of new zealand don next time a write a blog i will most likely be in OZ as im flying to melbourne in the next couple of hours.

Advertisement



19th April 2010

Former Prison
Are you sure you were stopping in a hostel. You didn't get arrested did you?
21st April 2010

shhh no one needs to find out

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb