Christchurch and leaving New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
March 16th 2011
Published: March 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

From Kaikoura we travelled on an ntercity bus back down to Christchurch. Although we had had a night in Methven this would be our proper night there with our friends Laura and Macky.

It was great to see these guys again and also great to see their house and how they well they have coped with the earthquake that happened back at the end of February. We don't get anything like that kind of natural phenomenon back in the UK so it was an eye opener to see what something as powerful as that can do to the environment.

Their house is pretty good considering, their is some subsidence which will need to be looked at, and their main room does have quite a lean to it. I am sure that they will get through this though, they have some great friends and we caught up with Paul, Karen and their baby for some dinner and some drinks.

It was pretty sad leaving those guys as Laura and Macky used to live with us back in the UK, but I will get to see them for one more night on my return from Australia in May.

This was the last day in New Zealand, and it truly is an awesome and inspiring place. Toby and I got so much done in the time we were here and didn't really stop. There were a couple of lounging around days but the majority was pretty full on. To be honest that is what I wanted out of this part of the holiday. It should be on the National Curriculum, everyone should get to visit this country. From the scenery, to the activities to the amazing inspirational people that live here and to the people I have met along the way, it truly is one of the best places I have ever been too. It has grabbed me and I think a return trip will definitely be on the cards.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb