New Zealand - Christchurch


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
April 7th 2007
Published: April 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Due to the changed departure times to Tonga we did not spent much time in Christchurch. Actually we only saw the rugby stadium, the burger king and the airport. Let's skip these lasts 2 spots.
The stadium was very full keeping in mind that it could house 50.000 places... The match was a Big one.. against an Australian team (Western Force) and very important so we understood... It was number 2 against number 3 from the Super 14 (or the champion's league of the rugby). Well, number 3 in our opinion is far away from becoming number 2 because they lost with 53 against 0!!

The home team: Crusaders didnt lost any home game the last 3 years and also this nights they crashed the blues...
We had tickets behind the post/goal but compared with football matches in europe you could change seat quite easy....

After the game the crusaders players kicked some balls in the crowd and signed autographs...It was quit difficult to get a picture but when we mentioned we were dutchies he turned around and we got our picture with our hero, Johnny-Leo-O...

For the people who does not know Johnny, Check him out at:Johnny-Leo-O


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.306s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 29; qc: 141; dbt: 0.1745s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb