What I learned from Femi...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
February 5th 2007
Published: February 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Last week we had a man named Femi come to talk to us. Femi is an English man, who grew up in Nigeria and is now a missionary in Brazil. I have not meet a lot of missionary’s, but still I had stereotype of what I thought missionary’s where like. Femi did a great job of blowing that image out of the water. He was funny, insightful, passionate and loves to dance. He taught on the nature and character of God, though he often got side tracked. It was in these side tracks that we had the opportunity to see a man who has an intimate relationship with God. It would be next to impossible to sum up all that Femi talked about, because he sure did know how to talk. Some key things that jumped out at me.

“God will not force His will on you, that’s not in His nature. You have to give Him permission to take over.”

“It is not what you do for God. It is who you become.”

“God drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden because He loved them. God knew if Adam and Eve where to look at God again they would die, because they had sinned and God is holy and unholy things can’t look at Him or they will die” - This is why Jesus had to die on the cross for mankind’s sin, so that God could be back in relationship with us, and so that we could enter in to his presence again with out any high priest or animal sacrifices.

“When you stop being you (the real you), you take something away from the world that God is trying to show through you.”

“God gives us a perfect “gift”, but the carrier’s are not perfect. So the “gift” can be tainted when we try and share it with other people.” - By “gift” I mean preaching, evangelism, prophecy, leadership and so on.

You can have all the Knowledge in the world about the bible and God, but not until you have a Revelation will you start living out what you know (Demonstration).

“Real faith has NO plan b!”

The security in who I am comes from the love of God.
The security in what I do comes from the purpose God has for my life.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.036s; cc: 6; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb