Camping on the West Coast!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
January 28th 2007
Published: January 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

About 15 of us went camping on the West Coast of New Zealand’s South Island. The drive up took us about 4.5hrs and had some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever experienced. We made a stop at a grassy hill with large majestic looking rock scattering the side, just like a movie... and it was a movie, part of Narnia was filmed at that very spot (some of the battle scene’s and where the Queen is killed). The ride up was filled with stops along the way to get out and take pictures. We finally arrived at our location, a beach house we rented out for the night. It was so cute I couldn’t believe they called this camping (not a tent in sight!) We unloaded and hit the beach! We were blessed with amazing weather, nothing but sunshine (the group that went last weekend had rain the whole time). A few of us walked up to check out the Pancake Rock’s, which are very large eroded rocks. After spending the afternoon playing in the surf and soaking up the ray’s we had a delicious dinner of spaghettis! We built a campfire on the beach and roasted marshmallows (well I did, not very many people were into them, crazy people) sang songs and gazed up at a whole different set of stars then back home. In the morning we packed up and started home on a new route, again lots of beautiful scenery, but very different then the way up. We stopped along the way and walked up a seaside hill, saw seals hanging out on the rocks and in a small town and had fish and chips. In total I took just under 200 pictures, captured all the goodtimes!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Taking off...Taking off...
Taking off...

Taylar and Rae are ready to go!
On the Top of the World!On the Top of the World!
On the Top of the World!

well not really.
Chasing the WavesChasing the Waves
Chasing the Waves

Suzy and Shannon playing in the waves.
It's a Cave Man!It's a Cave Man!
It's a Cave Man!

Oh wait thats Will...
The Guys CookingThe Guys Cooking
The Guys Cooking

Will and Jesse making Spaghitti, YUMMY!


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb