Australia to New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island
March 2nd 2010
Published: March 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We woke up at 06:30 and Sophie went for a run in the rain. We got ready to go to the airport, which didn't take too long.

We took all of our luggage downstairs to the front of the building and waited for the taxi... and we waited... and waited... and waited! Eventually, the taxi turned up, LATE.

We got to the airport and Sat, Jacque, Chelton and Madison were already in the queue for our flight. We jumped into the queue with them and we all checked in together. There were 8 people and 9 bags! The poor check-in woman was getting very confused with it all! We had to take the bikes and the wheels to oversize baggage, but once we had got rid of those, everything was okay again!

We filled out our passenger cards on the sofas and then proceeded through security and passport control. We all got another stamp in our passports!

Once we were the other side, we bought stamps, postcards, magazines and coffee and then settled down on some chairs by our gate. We boarded the plane and we were sat in two different rows. We were sat like this:

Chelton-Jacque AISLE Lauren-Sat-Sophie AISLE Stranger-Stranger
Stranger-Stranger AISLE Dad-Richard-Madison AISLE Stanger-Stranger

We were given a snack on the plane which was really nice and I watched 'The Proposal'. It was very funny!

When we landed in Auckland, we got off the plane, collected our bags and then had to wait for about 20 minutes for the car hire company to sort out our van. In the end they got it sorted and we loaded all of the luggage in and got ourselves settled for the 4 hour drive ahead of us!

We made a couple of stops on the way and ended up getting into Taupo at about 00:00. We finally went to bed at 00:50.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb