Southbank Museum


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Southbank
March 1st 2010
Published: March 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This morning we woke up at about 06:30 and after getting showered and dressed, Richard and I gave Dad a lift to work and Sophie got the ferry across the river into the city for work. We then had some breakfast and I made Richard a cup of coffee.

We left for Southbank at about 10:00. We walked along the riverfront past 'Riverlife'. We saw loads of lizards on our walk, at least 25 of them! Richard decided that he was feeling brave, so he walked up to a lizard and thought he was being very macho... He was, that is until the lizard decided to move and he ran away screaming! 😱 It made me laugh so much!

We crossed the river on the Goodwill Bridge and we walked a loop of the Botanical gardens before crossing back over the Goodwill bridge and carrying on to Southbank and the city beach.

We went to the museum and had some lunch before going in to look around. When we did get inside, we looked around exhibitions about butterflies and insects, WWII, Sea life, Old cars, Aussie wildlife, the sizes of different animals, endangered animals, Maori and Pacific Islander history and traditions and also Aussie life. It was very interesting.

We then walked to Southbank 3 Ferry Stop and waited for the 14:20 ferry back to Holman Street. Richard and I managed to get a free ride on the ferry all the way down the river! 😊

We picked Dad up from work at about 16:00 and played a tournament of Uno Attack (the best game ever) and Rick-O actually won! When Sophie got home, we had salmon for dinner and packed everything ready for New Zealand. We went to bed at about 21:30.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb