Golf, lost bottle and carbo loading!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
March 4th 2010
Published: March 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Madison and IMadison and IMadison and I

In our golf cart
This morning we got up and Sat cooked breakfast. We all got ready to go to the golf club in Taupo.

When we got there, we got clubs and golf carts and headed out onto the course. I was driving one golf cart with Madison as my passenger and Richard was driving the other with Chelton as his passenger. Sat and Dad were walking as there wasn't enough room for them on the golf carts!

They played nine holes of golf and at the end, it was Sat who won, Dad came second and Richard came third. We then went to Huka Falls (a really cool waterfall) and Dad managed to lose his bottle into the rapids and it ended up going down the waterfall.

"The Waikato River which is normally 100m wide, is squeezed through a 20 metre wide gorge and over a 20m drop.
Every second up to 220,000 litres of water gushes through the gorge and shoots out over 8 metres beyond to create a beautful blue/green pool.

The name Huka is the Maori word for 'foam', which is appropriate as the falling water and rapids certainly resembles foam, especially under flooding conditions."


After visiting Huka Falls, we went back to the house where the girls (Sophie and Jacque) were relaxing and preparing for their big day on Saturday.

In the evening, we all got dressed in our BTS (Brisbane Triathlon Squad) t-shirts and jumped in the van. We went to the 'Event Centre' where we were going to the 'Carbo Loading Party'. We ate lots of bread and pasta and there was a presentation and a video about Ironman New Zealand.

When we got back to the house, we didn't stay up too late.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0176s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb