The bike course!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
March 5th 2010
Published: March 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we went into town and got coffee in the morning. We looked around some of the shops and then went back to the house.

Then in the afternoon, Dad, Jacque, Sophie, Sat, Madison and I went out in the van and drove the bike course that the girls would be cycling the next day. The road was really long and straight and it seemed like such a long way! Well it is a long way! 180kms to be precise! When we got to the turnaround point, we talked to a lady at a petrol station (or servo as they are known here) and she told us how to get to the turnaround point a sneaky way as the main road was shut so that the cyclists would be safe.

When we got back to the house, Nala (Jacque's mum aka Nanny) had turned up to surprise Jacque! Once we had got her settled, Richard, Dad, Chelton, Madison and myself decided that we were going to go swimming in the lake out the back of the house. We took a windsurfing board and a small foam surfboard out onto the lake with us and we were paddling around on them! Madison and I managed to stand up on our boards.

We had spaghetti bolognese for dinner, and got a really early night as we had to be up REALLY early the next day for IRONMAN!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0173s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb