Our last day in Heaven


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Whangarei
February 23rd 2009
Published: February 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well - finally our last full day in Tutukaka Heaven has dawned. We leave tomorrow for 3 nights in Auckland before flying home on Saturday.

It has been an amazing week staying here - very relaxing and enjoyable, and the scenery seems to have changed every day. We were very fortunate last night to experience the most amazing rainbow - just as the sun was going down. I have never seen such a colourful, fully formed and vivid rainbow - EVER! Just incredible - I hope the pictures capture some of what we saw.

On reflection - our time in NZ has been nothing but a wonderful experience. We have seen and done more than I could have imagined - icebergs, big cats, amazing scenery - mountains, fiords and coastal areas, huge pools of bubbling mud, boiling water and steam coming from the ground, seals and various native birds and more native ferns than I would have believed possible - some 20 metres high!

The South Island will remain my favourite - the scenery is varied - despite a mountain range that runs the full length of the island - they constantly differ in shape and diversity as the regions change. From the flat Canterbury Plains near Christchurch to the amazing fiordland in the far South - it is a truly beautiful country with the friendliest of people and welcomes.

It is very strange - I always thought that when you went to Heaven it was forever. It seems I have to leave this one behind...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb