Our Big Cat Adventure


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Whangarei
February 18th 2009
Published: February 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Went to Zion Wildlife Gardens just outside Whangerei today - for our Adult Big Cat Encounter. We had a fantastic time - the park is very small and they insist on people booking to visit - so there are only groups of 8-10 people max at any one time. We had a tour of all the cats to start with (approximately 40 in total which took around 60 mins) - lions, tigers (orange and white), black panther, cheetah's etc etc....

Then with the assistance of a handler (for obvious reasons!) - we spent around 15-20 minutes right up-close and hands on with a beautiful white tiger called Shanti..... what a fantastic experience - her coat was very similar to a domestic cat - and she made appreciative noises for all the scratching and fuss she was getting (well, I think thats the noise she was making)....

Absolutely amazing - got loads of pictures too (yet more to bore you with when we get home)..... Highly recommend this Big Cat Encounter (you can also do similar with the Young Cat Encounter).... Brilliant experience!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



23rd February 2009

Very jealous
Now you have made us really jealous, we are big big fans of the Lion Man to think that you have got the visit the place and meet the cats is just fantastic. What an experience for you both to have......did you get to meet the man himself?
23rd February 2009

You and your cats!
Well this certainly makes the domestic cats here look a bit feeble....are you thinking of bringing Shanti back home to Raunds?! A beautiful animal - even by a non-cat lover standards!! Incredible experience indeed! Enjoy the remainder of the hols...life back here will never be the same again! JB x
24th February 2009

wow!
Wow! how lucky are you! Fantastic! your whole experience is bringing tears to my eyes!

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0187s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb