Tutukaka (yes its a real place name!)


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Whangarei
February 18th 2009
Published: February 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well - good news - our wonderful accomodation does have a computer room (well, bit more like a cupboard in the corner of the "games room") - but the computer is modern, and fast - and hopefully will allow me to download some pics of our little abode....

We are staying at Pacific Rendezvous on the edge of Tutukaka (north of Whangerei) - and it is stunning. This part of the coast is famous for diving - as there is a marine reserve just off the coast and also two large shipwrecks just 2km off the coast. Tutukaka is made up of a series of small bays - probably around 8 -10 in total, with rocky islands and inlets that keep the surf and currents away - ideal for swimming and kayaking too (maybe when I am feeling energetic!). The self-contained units are built like split-level bungalows - all on a peninsula - and all with beautiful views. Weather is amazing (hot, humid and sunny with slight cloud) - so its a wonderful place for a few days rest and relaxation.

Highly recommend the accomodation to anyone planning on coming to this part of the North Island (avoid the town centre of Whangerei - for the sake of 30-40 mins drive you can live in a little corner of heaven for a while!)

Hopefully the pics will capture some of what we see around us....


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb